Manila Cathedral is located within the centuries-old section of Manila called Intramuros. Having been destroyed several times by natural disasters and fires during its 400-year history, the current structure standing was completed in 1958.
The church is a Romanesque-Byzantine architecture that features baroque elements, a fusion of contrasting styles. The facade is composed of two-storey blocks with three entrances of recessed arches. The doors are made of bronze sculpted by Alessandro Monteleone and Francisco Nagni. Attached is the bell tower at the right side of the building.